How to Order
The College Store is the most convenient and simplest way to order textbooks, college apparel, and souvenir items online. Orders are accepted with payment by credit card or financial aid.
To Place an Order
- Select your catalog of interest from the top tool bar. You can then browse product lines.
- Once you have added items in your basket and are ready to checkout, you will need to create an account. If you have already created an account with us, please log in. There is an option to send your password if needed.
- It is important that you create your account with an active email address. We will send you a confirmation with your order number in an e-mail to that address.
- You'll receive your order number once you have completed the order.
A customer's order is considered an offer to purchase and acceptance of the offer does not take place until the customer's credit card or financial aid has been charged and the order is shipped.
Students using financial aid as a payment method should ensure that enough financial aid is available to cover books and supplies. The College Store is not responsible for pricing errors and will not honor them.
Remember, as you're shopping online, customers are also shopping in the store. Stock numbers are not immediately adjusted following each transaction so an item that appears to be available when ordered online may already be out of stock when we receive your order. You will be contacted if this happens.
Also, your account information should not be order specific. You should give us your valid contact information. After you log in, you will be taken to pages where you can enter in different shipping or payment information.
We accept VISA, MasterCard, and Discover as payment for online orders. Financial Aid can be used during specified periods. Students using financial aid as a payment method should ensure that enough financial aid is available to cover books and supplies. Financial aid cannot be used for items flagged "shipped from vendor" or to purchase gift certificates.back to top
Your order will be shipped via UPS. Street addresses are needed for UPS shipments. Shipments within Michigan usually take only 1-2 business days. UPS Next Day Air and 2nd Day Air options are reserved for those residing outside the state of Michigan. We do not ship on Saturday or Sunday and our carrier does not deliver on weekends or holidays.
Please Note: Our shipping charges apply to shipments within the continental United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii). Charges for shipments to Alaska or Hawaii or any foreign country will be determined by rates in effect at the time the order is shipped.back to top
Should it be necessary to make an adjustment, the following conditions must be met.
- You must have your cash register receipt or onnline order packing list. It is the customer's responsibility to keep receipts. Duplicate receipts are not available.
- Refunds will be issued based on the original method of payment.
- Refunds on check purchases may require a waiting period or proof that the check has cleared.
You have until the end of the first week of class to return new or used textbooks. Textbooks from classes dropped after the first week from the start of classes are not eligible for return. Access Codes are considered Textbooks.
For a full refund on new textbooks: Books must be in perfect condition as determined by a staff member-free from any writing, stains, markings, or damage to the cover or binding.
Remember: Do not mark in your books until you are certain there is no need to return them.
Textbooks sales are FINAL after the first week of classes.
ITEMS THAT MUST BE RETURNED WITHIN ONE WEEK OF PURCHASE
- Supplies or clothing - Only if item is returned unused and with tags attached.
- Computer software and blister packed items must be unopened.
Opened Access Codes, Software and Electronics (Calculators, Computers, etc.). Computer Hardware, Review Books, Medical Reference, Headphones, Stethoscopes, Sale Items, Special Orders. Defective backpacks must be returned to the manufacturer. The manufacturer requires that you include tags and receipt when you contact them.
VitalSource Digital Rental Returns
NO RETURNS on Cengage Unlimited Access
You have until the end of the first week of class to return VitalSource product, plus the following criteria:
eBooks are refundable within 14 days of the first day of access, or thrity (30) days after the purchase is made, whichever occurs first. Additionally, VitalSource cannot fulfill refund requests if more than 10% of the product has been viewed or if any page(s) of the product have been printed.
Publisher Access Codes
Refunds are permitted if requested within fourteen (14) days of purchase.
Contact us anytime with questions or concerns via email at: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact our customer service department at: 313.845.9603back to top