NMRP Textbook Rental Terms
1) I am 18 years of age or older. I am either the account holder or authorized user of the debit or credit card used to secure the rental material.
2) I understand that I must return the rental item(s) to the Bookstore, where the item was rented, no later than the Return Due Date.
3) I understand my rental return must include all CDs, study guides, workbooks, and other component parts of the rental item. If the rental return is not complete, the return will not be accepted and I will pay the Non-Return Fee.
4) I understand I must return the rental item(s) in good salable condition as determined at the Bookstore and by NBC. Very limited highlighting and writing are acceptable. The rental item is not in "salable" condition, for example, if it is damaged by liquids, fire, chemical spills, tooth marks, or spine damage. I am responsible for risk of loss from any cause, including theft or lost items. If the item is not in "salable" condition, the return is not accepted and I will pay the Non-Return Fee.
5) I understand rental items returned after the due date will not be accepted and I will be liable for a Non-Return Fee plus applicable sales tax per rental item. The Non-Return Fee is the amount equal to the retail value of a replacement NEW book.
6) I understand, if I fail to return the rental item(s) by the Return Due Date, I authorize NBC to withdraw/charge the Non-Return Fee and applicable sales tax to the same debit/credit card account that I used to place this order.
7) I understand that I must have credit limit available, nor cancel the credit or debit card used to place this order until all the rented item(s) are either returned as indicated above or all Fees that are due are paid in full. If the Non-Return Fee is not timely paid for any reason, I also authorize payment of a Collection Fee of $30.
8) I understand that my rental fee is refundable only if the book is returned within the dates of the Bookstore’s refund period, noted on the cash register receipt attached to the agreement. Student schedule and proof of drop may be required. The rental fee is not refundable after this date. Rental fees cannot be applied to the purchase of any book
9) I understand that I am renting the item(s) from Nebraska Book Company, not the Bookstore.
If the credit or debit card is declined, I understand that my account will be suspended and sent to a Third Party Collection Agency. I will be responsible for paying all Collection Fees assessed by the Third Party Collection Agency. NBC will make reasonable efforts to process transactions in a timely manner. I agree not to hold NBC responsible in the event NBC does not credit or debit my credit or debit card for a period of time due to circumstances beyond its control. NBC makes no guarantees regarding the processing time for charges.
I agree, in order for NBC to service my account or to collect any amount I may owe, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, NBC or a designated Third Party Collection Agency are authorized to (i) contact me by telephone at the telephone number(s) in the patron contact account information I am providing, including wireless telephone numbers, which could result in charges to me, (ii) contact me by sending text messages (message and data rates may apply) or emails, using any email address I provide and/or (iii) methods of contact may include using pre-recorded/artificial voice message and/or use of an automatic dialing device, as applicable. I also agree, if my rental is eligible to be returned to Nebraska Book Company, I will still be liable for a service fee assessed by the Third Party Collection Agency.
I have read this disclosure and agree that the Lender/Creditor may contact me as described above.